INFORMATIONAL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:
Choose 5-8 questions from the list below to ask during a typical 20-30 min informational interview.
- Can you tell me a bit about your career path and what led you to the role you’re in today?
- What were some of your early roles in the field?
- What past work experiences helped you most?
- What do you wish someone would have told you before you started this career?
- If you could go back in time, what would you do differently?
- What skills do you think are most important for someone interested in a job like yours?
- Do you think there’s a personality type that’s not well-suited for this kind of career?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years?
- Why did you decide to work for this company?
- What do you like most about this company?
- How does your company differ from its competitors?
- What is the company’s relationship with its customers?
- What does the company do to contribute to its employees’ professional development?
- What technology does your company use?